Friday, January 30, 2009

Taco Seasoning


For some reason I have been on a taco kick lately. I cant seem to get enough! We have always bought the Taco Bell seasoning and then I asked myself "why?" So after trying out a handful of recipes I found one that is perfect! I will never spend money on the prepackaged stuff again.



1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper


Mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight container or add directly to your ground beef. When I am ready to make tacos I brown my beef then I add 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 2/3 cup water with the seasoning mix and let it simmer. One big note here is that the red pepper flakes makes this a very spicy mix. We prefer to leave it out so our two year old son can enjoy these with us.


This recipe come from allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment