Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Banana Cake with Banana pudding and Cream cheese frosting


This is the easiest cake recipe, that will undoubtedly leave your guests thinking you spent a VERY long time in the kitchen. You can of course make this recipe entirely from scratch but I am going to tell you what to do for a quick cake. All you need is one box of yellow cake mix, and mix it according to the box, then simply mash two to three very ripe bananas add 1 tsp of baking soda to the bananas and then add this into your yellow cake mix. Bake according to the box. I made my cake in two round pans. Now for the icing, you will need one tub of cream cheese frosting and one box of instant banana pudding. Make the pudding but only use half the milk called for. This will make the pudding thicker. Once your pudding is firm (I left mine in the fridge while my cake baked) fold it into the cream cheese frosting. Now all that is left is frosting the cake. I think a cake looks great with icing smeared all over it, with no fuss. Some people prefer the look of a cake that is smooth. One tip is to cut the very tip top of your cake off, leaving it with a flat surface. This is especially helpful if you are layering cakes. I cut the tops off of my cake, ate them and then iced the cakes. Yum Yum!!!

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
2-3 ripe bananas
1 tsp baking soda
1 tub cream cheese frosting
1 box instant banana pudding

Instructions listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment