Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dehydrator fun




A while back I made the decision to purchase a food dehydrator. Sadly, I haven't had the best luck with dehydrating. I was sure I would fall madly in love with every creation that came out of my machine. Unfortunately that has not been the case. Turns out this foodie prefers her food in its natural state. A fresh crispy apple vs. a dried chewy apple, I choose the fresh. I have experimented making crackers, cookies, fruits and veggies. So far apples sprinkled with cinnamon and pineapple have been my favorite treats. I am trying to stay positive, upbeat and motivated with dehydrating treats.

Which brings us to this post. I have come up with a fun game and I would like to encourage you to play along. This is called Dehydrating Your Way Through The Alphabet! Its as simple as the name implies. Each week you take a letter from the alphabet and dehydrate treats the correlate with that letter. Start with the letter A and dehydrate your way through the letter Z.

Example: The letter of the week is P, dehydrate Pineapples, persimmons, and pears! I am using P as the example because by chance I am dehydrating persimmons and pears at this very moment. But next week I will officially kick off this game and will be starting with the letter A. I encourage you to play along and see what yummy treats you can come up with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment