Friday, January 30, 2009

Chocolate Pudding


What if you couldn't buy pudding in a box? What if your microwave died on you today? Here is a super simple and quick recipe for pudding. I found this one on allrecipes.com and we all loved it in my house. No more boxed mixes for us. The recipe tells you to make it in the microwave but I wanted to make it on the stove and let me tell you it turned out just great! I added two squares of bakers chocolate and made us chocolate pudding. Try this recipe from scratch and enjoy.



1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate



In a saute pan, combine sugar and cornstarch. With a hand mixer, beat in milk and egg yolks until smooth. Cook on medium heat stirring until thickened. Blend in butter, vanilla and chocolate. Pour into serving dishes; cool.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Michelle! Love your new blog!! Can't wait to see all the good stuff you make.. and this pudding looks SOOOOO good, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Just what I needed! Believe it or not, I was just thinking the other day of making some of scratch but didn't know how.

    Welcome to the blogger world *hugs*
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have since been using this recipe and find its flavor quit pleasing. It is very similar to the original recipe I posted here, but if you have some type of coco or cocoa powder this works great. You might have to copy and paste to make this link work...

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-cornstarch-pudding/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete